Thursday 7 March 2013

Tech Task #8: QR Codes

My imagination is going crazy with QR code ideas!

My first impulse was to tease my friends with it. Here's what that looks like:


The QR codes are links to a song and an online talk that I thought my friend would enjoy.

After sniffing around online, I found that some conventional uses for QR codes in the classroom are...
-promoting a blog or website
-doing a scavenger hunt
-scanning a qr code on a book to link to a website with trailers, extras, learning activities, etc
-including qr codes in newsletters for parents to scan
-providing a link to a google form or a trivia question

I have a few ideas of my own to add (I am probably not the first to think of them, but I came up with them myself):
Classroom Use:
-create a qr code and then replicate it using another medium (paint, pastel, found items, photo collage) for visual art
-use qr codes as a jumping-off point for a discussion about probablility. Explore if there is a limit to the number of qr codes that can be created. How does the number of characters in a qr code affect the way that it looks?
-create a qr code and then write one word in each black space to transform it into a poem

Other Random Ideas:
-paint a qr code on the back of a t-shirt. Wear the t-shirt to work or school and track how many times it was scanned throughout the day (www.trakqr.com)
-include a qr code on your business card with a link to your digital profile
-in a perfect world, all clothing companies would be linked with computer software so that customers could download their size and preferences in to an app, and then scan a clothes tag which would instatntly tell you whether the clothes would fit you! (read: no more fitting rooms!)
-revolutionize online dating: singles could create an online portfolio and tattoo the qr code to their forehead. People could unobtrusively scan the foreheads of people they see around town and then get information about them without having to actually start up a conversation. This last one is to see who's still reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment